Monday 6 September 2010

Longboards

Longboarding was pretty much half my summer.
My first longboard was a Rayne Hellcat, randall 180s, with Zombie hawg wheels. To tell you the truth I didn't really like it at first because I wanted a board to cruise and carve with, and my board was made for hardcore downhill, but I LOVE IT now. It's still a pretty intimidating board and it probably won't get the ladies as effectively as Paul's dervish :P but it's fuckin addicting...

A couple weeks ago I got a new deck from Ray, made from I think 5 layers of Baltic Birch. It's a drop through deck with a super light concave. It's shorter than the hellcat so I could use it to get around campus, and the best part is it's completely blank! how is that the best part? Custom grip tape! I haven't gotten around to putting grip tape on yet, but my design will probably be clouds. (FLYING NIMBUS!!!!) oh yeah the second best part is that it was only $25. which was a pretty sick deal.



photo cred:
Hellcat- Ren
Flying Nimbus - Raymond Salaber

- Mike

1 comment:

  1. Oh man when i saw my name for a second i thought you were gonna lend me your board i dunno why but then i read it was photo cred... now you guys got me thinking about getting a board that my broke arse cannot afford

    ReplyDelete