Sunday 5 December 2010

Under the Influence.

These are the dancers/choreographers that influence me the most (maybe it shows in my choreo?) aside from the obvious west coast dancers.



Luther Brown. beast!!! pure swag and flavaah! his best pieces are from his Carnival shows (forget SYTYCD). along with Luther Brown is Lenny Len! Luther Brown's style is what I see as true Toronto East Coast flavah w00t!



Alvin Gutierrez. aka smo0oth... -_- too good. kills every choreo he learns (most of the time does it better than the original choreographer). it was hard to pick what video i should post.. all of them are siiCK! I've taken only one class from him so far and it was friggin awesome! He doesn't teach often, definitely going to try hard to make it to his next class if he teaches again.



Daniel Santos. LEGENDARY uwhh prez, now in Identity Crisis crew. His choreography is on another level! Learned a lot of different dances from him, and each class was always pretty hard. It's always fun to look back on old hip hop videos of me getting pwnd by his choreo.



Dave Labercasio. hes a joker. I'm a big fan of the '3 guyz crew'. He always has those big moves, good form. It's always fun making a collab with him... till 5am

David Villar. wish I could post a video of his choreo... sick style! smooth and quick!

now you know where I get my moves from. don't tell anyone!

- mike

No comments:

Post a Comment