Monday 6 June 2011

Bahala na

lol just wondering if your parents ever say this to you guys as well. I always count it as a victory every time I try and convince my parents to let me do something or go out.

wikipedia: Bahala Na: This attitude, loosely translated into English as 'fatalistic passiveness', actually describes the Filipino way of life, in which, he is determined to do his best, hence the term bahala na, which actually came from the phrase bathalan na, meaning 'I will do all my best, let God take care of the rest'.

Every time my parents say this, my siblings and I take it as a yes and usually laugh.

3 comments:

  1. Umm I don't think my parents say this often because I'm either very convincing or no means no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha whenever my parents say that I hear: "fine do what you want, i dont care" :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed with mike.... cept they say bahala ka..

    ReplyDelete