Friday 30 December 2011

I need to get this off my chest.

This year has been horrible for me academically. It all went downhill from summer time. I spent more time dancing and became less interested in school. I became detached and barely even studied or even cared less to do the assignments. I thought I could push through these terms and force myself to do the work even while spending just as much time if not more, dancing. Dancing made me forget about school because it made me feel adequate. Unfortunately this all culminated in me pretty much failing my last term. And for this whole winter break I have been trying to figure shit out. I've been getting these recurring dreams where I continue to write exams where I know nothing about the subjects and there is never enough time to do the work.
Dreammoods:
"I Failed The Test"
:: Failure

I find the root of my problem is not the studying, it is in the motivation to study. My reason to pursue such a career was just to get the money and get paid. Although that may be well for most people I find that it slowly killed me inside because I've always felt that there was more to life. I was never really big on money, but I do understand that you need it to survive in this world. I am more about the simple things. Life for me is meant for us to experience things, to learn of things at our own pace, and to improve ourselves and the life around us. The moment I made my goal about the money, I suppressed that side of me that wanted to live. Therefore I think my mind did the logical thing and subconsciously gave up, it shut itself down because there was no reason to keep living.

Although, now that I have hit quite a low it only leaves me with the possibility of rising higher or if I so choose continue falling. And who ever really chooses to fall further?
So what I need to do know is to clarify my goals, set my priorities and find the motivation to take back my life.

"Most of the time, life does not talk to you. It just sort of pushes you around. Each push is life saying, “Wake up. There’s something I want you to learn.”
If you learn life’s lessons, you will do well. If not, life will just continue to push you around."
- from Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert T. Kiyosaki

No comments:

Post a Comment