Monday 6 February 2012

ADELE - Make You Feel My Love


Was this posted already? I tried to search the old posts but found nothing.
Anyways I decided to post this after visiting a couple of old blogs that I haven't looked at in a while. I like to think that I'm finally headed on a direction that I can see myself in the long term. But I can definitely owe this to a couple of people that have influenced my life for the better, either directly or indirectly through my interactions with them. I am definitely grateful to them even though they might not know it. This song just brings up the feelings of being appreciated and realization that there are people out there that do care about you. It's a nice feeling. Although it does bring up another thought. This morning I woke to hear the garage close (approx. 5:30am), since my room is directly above it. I realized it was my dad and mom leaving to go to the airport. My dad was about to go back to Whitehorse for work and I quickly got out of bed and went to the door to wave bye to my dad. I realized at that moment that despite all the shortcomings of my father as well as being older/more independent, I'm still that little boy that misses his father who was never home. I know random but it kind of contrasts to how I felt probably 8 years ago haha.

Also, sidenote: I have seem to have a soft spot for misunderstood women. Even though some may put up a front of happiness or even "bitchy" behavior, I feel that there is a deeper story behind it all. Sometimes it might be a story of struggle or sadness and they've learned to hide it and push through it. But I just want to pull back the curtains and see who they really are and understand them better. I feel like I could help them, somehow. I dunno, just a random thought.

P.S. If you're reading this Paul, I hope all is well with school. You know you write a couple of drafts for posts but you never post them. haha I do realize them from time to time, when looking through old posts. lol

3 comments:

  1. yeah school was stresssful last week but it got a lot better. I just really needed to sit down and do my work. I was also getting annoyed at a friend of mine who just never texted back and flopped on me when we were supposed to study and review, but we're cool now. I was just getting annoyed because school was piling up. I had to make concessions though... I quit the intramural basketball team I was on in order to focus more on school and my other extra curriculars. But right now things are looking much better lol. Oh and I also am trying to not chill with this first semester venezuelan chick because I CAN'T FALL RIGHT NOW. lol tunnel vision son! Got to stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem girls are trouble ;) but they are intriguing and feels good to be the gentleman. Hope everything is good with you too homie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh true. Balance is definitely important, but remember: Work accomplished is the amount of time spent and intensity/focus. 4 hours of serious studying is better than 8 hrs of half-ass studying. And I don't blame you, a venezuelan chick sounds noice ahah. BUT alas school first.

    I'm alright, doing a lot better than last term. Everything I posted pretty much sums up my life ahah

    ReplyDelete