Tuesday 10 April 2012

Was thinking about dance lately and what it means to me. Sometimes I'm so conflicted because I really enjoy it but there are times where I completely withdraw from it. I don't know why but I always seem to have such an extreme attitude/stance towards it. I know you guys (Mike/Paul) have noticed it too haha. I just want to find that happy medium in life.

Also sidenote: Street/Urban Dance was originally a dance to break the bounds of dance and bring it back to the people and to the roots. Who is anyone to say where one urban dance style ends and another begins. Dance is free expression and even more so in urban dance. The only requirement is urban music. So this goes out to all the haters, which I may have been at times in the past, stop trying to define something that doesn't need to be defined and just DANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment