Monday 28 November 2011

"Sometimes the answers to your questions can be found in the waiting."

So I went to church last night to ease my mind and gain some inner peace after all the chaos and anger that was Saturday. The Homily was pretty interesting. The priest talked about his experience of traveling to Laos to meet a friend, this Buddhist monk that he met here in Canada. He talked about how he had gone to visit his friend in order to do research for this course on world religions and their view of spirituality. He talked about how he was so riled up, ready to ask several questions but instead his friend sat him down only to have a cup of specially prepared tea. This frustrated him because he was unable to ask his questions but his friend had sensed this. His friend then stated, "Sometimes the answers to your questions can be found in the waiting." It was then that he realized that his questions were trivial and instead he was given one of the most important lessons of his life. He then went on to reference a poem called "Midnight" by a poet Dom Hendler (I don't think that name is right) and quotes the poet saying, "The midnight is that moment when the night is pregnant with the dawn." To him this meant several things and with his final message of his homily he again refered back to the gift of waiting, saying "The waiting is the moment pregnant with possibilities."

Personally, I found this very applicable to what I have been going through. My job search, my path to becoming an Actuary and to OUCH/UWHH. We are so caught up about where we want to end up that sometimes we forget how great the journey is to get there. The several things we may experience, the friends we make, the things we learn and the possibilities/opportunities presented to us, it all comes together to make the journey that much more special.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mannn I'll be mad for you don't worry. I feel like... you guys are just under-appreciated. You guys were levels above Western last year (seriously wuck festern. they didn't deserve it and on youtube they act like they did), and were a whole lot cleaner, hype, and raw and even more creative this year compared to the top 3 (I swear UOIT got mad repetitive). LOL I think the judges just like gunshot noises (UOIT and Carleton).

    But yeah in regards to your post. I am guilty of looking at the end goal and not appreciating what was around me. I can only say that now because hindsight is 20/20. You really appreciate the people and the environment around you when you realize that everything around you is different (ie here in dominica). 2 more weeks homie! I'll let you know when I get back.

    Peace. Best of luck this exam time!

    ReplyDelete