Saturday 28 January 2012

Got sick this week. Also I went to the local YMCA and have begun practicing how to swim, with the help of the drop-in adult lessons of course. And now my left ear is clogged with earwax because of the water going into my ears mixing with my earwax and so I can't hear anything while I also continue to lay in bed and trying to recover from my cold. So I would say it has been quite the week. I finally took my first step to becoming aquatic but also a step back in terms of health.


Sidenote:
I am starting to realize that although it is nice to show appreciation for your culture and your heritage, I find people have made their pride for their country close their minds to other people and cultures. This came to mind when my brother told me a story of when he told a tragic story to my parents about a child who recently died. My parents may have shown some concern but only when my parents were told that the child was the same nationality as us, were they truly worried. It's just sad that some of us choose to perceive our world in such limited views.

I appreciate and understand what I have been taught about my culture and the hardships that we have faced but I do not see myself as a certain nationality. I see myself simply as a human being and like other human beings we all experience hardships and triumphs. I feel like we should all start thinking in a broader sense and rethink our views on our country, nationality and actions towards others due to their culture/heritage.

1 comment:

  1. "Remember we are humans, not classes. You're too scared to love someone who looks different than you because you're scared to be judged by the people who look similar to you" - Lil B

    #BASED #TYBG #OMGBASEDGOD

    ReplyDelete